At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 0.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which rose 2.98% or 0.056 points to trade at 1.919 at the close. ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ) added 2.47% or 0.890 points to end at 36.940 and Acerinox (MC: ACX ) was up 1.96% or 0.225 points to 11.720 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: GAM ), which lost 0.44% or 0.050 points to trade at 11.410 in late trade. Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ) declined 0.43% or 0.040 points to end at 9.160 and Enagas (MC: ENAG ) shed 0.37% or 0.090 points to 23.950.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 105 to 69 and 15 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.71% or 8.60 to $1199.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.83% or 0.57 to hit $69.16 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.17% or 0.13 to trade at $78.31 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.48% to 1.1634, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8900.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 94.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.