At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 rose 0.43%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were BBVA (MC: BBVA ), which rose 1.63% or 0.088 points to trade at 5.487 at the close. Amadeus IT (MC: AMA ) added 1.46% or 1.080 points to end at 75.080 and Caixabank SA (MC: CABK ) was up 1.33% or 0.050 points to 3.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ), which lost 1.97% or 0.700 points to trade at 34.750 in late trade. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: GAM ) declined 1.51% or 0.180 points to end at 11.720 and Ferrovial (MC: FER ) shed 1.20% or 0.215 points to 17.770.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 119 to 54 and 16 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.10% or 1.20 to $1186.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.51% or 0.33 to hit $65.34 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.62% or 0.44 to trade at $71.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.26% to 1.1376, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8948.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 96.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.