At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 rose 0.47%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Indra A (MC: IDR ), which rose 2.71% or 0.235 points to trade at 8.920 at the close. BBVA (MC: BBVA ) added 2.44% or 0.123 points to end at 5.155 and ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ) was up 2.06% or 0.680 points to 33.770 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Viscofan (MC: VIS ), which lost 4.07% or 2.200 points to trade at 51.800 in late trade. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: SGREN ) declined 1.94% or 0.196 points to end at 9.929 and Aena SME SA (MC: AENA ) shed 1.25% or 1.75 points to 137.75.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 111 to 66 and 11 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.18% or 2.20 to $1233.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.72% or 0.46 to hit $63.23 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.07 to trade at $72.82 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.23% to 1.1382, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8778.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 96.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.