Investing.com – Spain equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Building & Construction , Chemical, Petroleum & Plastic and Financial Services & Real Estate sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 added 0.54%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were ENCE (MC: ENC ), which rose 3.49% or 0.185 points to trade at 5.485 at the close. ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ) added 2.98% or 0.980 points to end at 33.830 and Acerinox (MC: ACX ) was up 2.58% or 0.218 points to 8.660 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mapfre (MC: MAP ), which lost 1.28% or 0.030 points to trade at 2.320 in late trade. Amadeus IT (MC: AMA ) declined 0.65% or 0.400 points to end at 60.840 and Repsol (MC: REP ) shed 0.60% or 0.085 points to 14.080.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 112 to 61 and 19 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1283.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.04% or 0.02 to hit $45.35 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.32% or 0.17 to trade at $53.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1449, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.8977.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 95.732.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.