At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 0.87%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ), which rose 3.82% or 1.200 points to trade at 32.650 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ) added 3.48% or 0.648 points to end at 19.260 and Enagas (MC: ENAG ) was up 3.06% or 0.740 points to 24.930 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which lost 19.02% or 0.097 points to trade at 0.412 in late trade. Tecnicas Reunidas (MC: TRE ) declined 3.53% or 0.840 points to end at 22.980 and Inditex (MC: ITX ) shed 1.05% or 0.280 points to 26.330.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 131 to 42 and 17 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.10 to $1249.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 1.04% or 0.53 to hit $51.53 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.38% or 0.23 to trade at $60.20 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1317, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.9036.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 97.417.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.