At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 1.55%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were B. Sabadell (MC: SABE ), which rose 3.27% or 0.031 points to trade at 0.992 at the close. Repsol (MC: REP ) added 3.13% or 0.430 points to end at 14.165 and ACS Actividades de Construccion y Servicios SA (MC: ACS ) was up 2.66% or 0.850 points to 32.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: SGREN ), which lost 0.90% or 0.095 points to trade at 10.495 in late trade. Acciona (MC: ANA ) declined 0.39% or 0.280 points to end at 72.200 and Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ) shed 0.37% or 0.030 points to 8.010.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 134 to 49 and 10 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.05% or 0.70 to $1281.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.68% or 0.75 to hit $45.36 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.82% or 0.43 to trade at $53.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1439, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.9006.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 95.947.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.