At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 rose 1.69%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ), which rose 5.50% or 0.455 points to trade at 8.735 at the close. Ferrovial (MC: FER ) added 4.90% or 0.860 points to end at 18.420 and Endesa (MC: ELE ) was up 3.55% or 0.615 points to 17.935 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which lost 9.99% or 0.111 points to trade at 1.000 in late trade. Bankia SA (MC: BKIA ) declined 0.94% or 0.030 points to end at 3.154 and Telefonica (MC: TEF ) shed 0.18% or 0.013 points to 7.029.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 120 to 54 and 21 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.12% or 1.50 to $1231.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.11% or 0.08 to hit $71.70 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.24% or 0.19 to trade at $80.97 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1585, while EUR/GBP fell 0.17% to 0.8788.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 94.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.