At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 0.61%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Inditex (MC: ITX ), which rose 1.37% or 0.350 points to trade at 25.900 at the close. Melia Hotels (MC: MEL ) added 1.21% or 0.105 points to end at 8.780 and Merlin Properties SA (MC: MRL ) was up 1.02% or 0.11 points to 10.88 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ), which lost 2.39% or 0.505 points to trade at 20.590 in late trade. Cellnex Telecom SA (MC: CLNX ) declined 1.90% or 0.43 points to end at 22.22 and Banco Santander (MC: SAN ) shed 1.63% or 0.068 points to 4.085.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 109 to 52 and 25 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1227.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.37% or 0.75 to hit $53.88 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.26% or 0.80 to trade at $62.68 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.18% to 1.1404, while EUR/GBP fell 0.62% to 0.8854.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 96.390.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.