Spain shares lower at close of trade; IBEX 35 down 0.62%
Investing.com – Spain equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Building & Construction , Telecoms & IT and Financial Services & Real Estate sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 lost 0.62%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Grifols SA (MC: GRLS ), which rose 4.80% or 1.070 points to trade at 23.380 at the close. B. Sabadell (MC: SABE ) added 4.45% or 0.046 points to end at 1.079 and Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ) was up 2.58% or 0.020 points to 0.795 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Viscofan (MC: VIS ), which lost 19.55% or 12.150 points to trade at 50.000 in late trade. Acerinox (MC: ACX ) declined 8.69% or 0.965 points to end at 10.135 and ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ) shed 3.67% or 0.810 points to 21.270.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 116 to 60 and 14 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.90% or 11.10 to $1240.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.18% or 0.12 to hit $67.45 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.47% or 0.36 to trade at $77.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.31% to 1.1409, while EUR/GBP rose 0.16% to 0.8888.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 96.12.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or