At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 1.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Naturgy Energy Group SA (MC: GAS ), which rose 1.88% or 0.440 points to trade at 23.900 at the close. Endesa (MC: ELE ) added 0.95% or 0.175 points to end at 18.675 and Ferrovial (MC: FER ) was up 0.93% or 0.170 points to 18.470 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Inditex (MC: ITX ), which lost 3.55% or 0.940 points to trade at 25.510 in late trade. Mapfre (MC: MAP ) declined 3.17% or 0.085 points to end at 2.595 and BBVA (MC: BBVA ) shed 2.65% or 0.146 points to 5.369.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 114 to 62 and 16 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.52% or 18.10 to $1209.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.09% or 0.07 to hit $75.23 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to trade at $84.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1561, while EUR/GBP rose 0.26% to 0.8901.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.