At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 fell 1.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ), which rose 0.67% or 0.135 points to trade at 20.140 at the close. Merlin Properties SA (MC: MRL ) added 0.52% or 0.06 points to end at 11.66 and Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ) was up 0.45% or 0.040 points to 8.905 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bankinter (MC: BKT ), which lost 3.48% or 0.254 points to trade at 7.046 in late trade. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: SGREN ) declined 3.47% or 0.400 points to end at 11.125 and Amadeus IT (MC: AMA ) shed 3.32% or 2.180 points to 63.520.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 125 to 59 and 11 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.39% or 5.05 to $1303.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.71% or 1.99 to hit $51.70 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 3.12% or 1.92 to trade at $59.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1440, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8685.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.