At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share added 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Singer Sri Lanka PLC (CM: SINS ), which rose 11.69% or 4.70 points to trade at 44.90 at the close. Colombo Fort Land & Building PLC (CM: CFLB ) added 10.56% or 1.90 points to end at 19.90 and Hapugastenne Plantations PLC (CM: HAPU ) was up 9.43% or 2.50 points to 29.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Good Hope PLC (CM: GOOD ), which lost 24.39% or 378.00 points to trade at 1172.00 in late trade. Nanda Investments and Finance PLC (CM: NAND ) declined 21.20% or 7.40 points to end at 27.50 and Multi Finance PLC (CM: MULT ) shed 15.07% or 2.20 points to 12.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 89 to 65 and 61 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.33% or 0.19 to $58.17 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February fell 0.14% or 0.09 to hit $64.81 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.09% or 1.10 to trade at $1271.70 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was up 0.03% to 204.570, while USD/LKR fell 0.03% to 152.890.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 92.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.