At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share added 1.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Asia Capital PLC (CM: ACAP ), which rose 21.21% or 1.40 points to trade at 8.00 at the close. J L Morison Sons & Jones (Ceylon) PLC (CM: MORI ) added 16.80% or 105.00 points to end at 730.00 and Tess Agro PLC (CM: TESS ) was up 16.67% or 0.100 points to 0.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renuka City Hotel PLC (CM: RENU ), which lost 8.16% or 20.00 points to trade at 225.00 in late trade. Renuka Holdings PLC (CM: RHL ) declined 8.11% or 1.50 points to end at 17.00 and Sunshine Holdings PLC (CM: SUN ) shed 7.02% or 4.00 points to 53.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 149 to 38 and 42 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.51% or 0.38 to $74.52 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.18% or 0.14 to hit $78.10 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.08% or 1.00 to trade at $1252.50 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was up 0.36% to 210.600, while USD/LKR rose 0.14% to 158.940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 94.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.