At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share gained 0.85%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Agalawatte Plantations PLC (CM: AGAL ), which rose 23.53% or 4.00 points to trade at 21.00 at the close. Horana Plantations PLC (CM: HOPL ) added 23.33% or 3.50 points to end at 18.50 and Ramboda Falls PLC (CM: RFLL ) was up 23.19% or 4.80 points to 25.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Kalamazoo Systems PLC (CM: KZOO ), which lost 23.08% or 600.10 points to trade at 2000.00 in late trade. Renuka Holdings PLC (CM: RHL ) declined 8.30% or 1.90 points to end at 21.00 and Arpico Insurance Ltd (CM: ARIC ) shed 7.56% or 0.90 points to 11.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 156 to 34 and 39 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 2.06% or 0.75 to $37.09 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 1.83% or 0.71 to hit $39.45 a barrel, while the April Gold contract rose 0.19% or 2.40 to trade at $1233.40 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was down 0.20% to 204.855, while USD/LKR fell 0.04% to 144.860.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.22% at 96.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.