The firm reported earnings per share of $1.91 on revenue of $3.59B. Analysts polled by Investing.com anticipated EPS of $1.9 on revenue of $3.58B. That compared to EPS of $1.69 on revenue of $3.24B in the same period a year earlier. The company had reported EPS of $1.98 on revenue of $3.65B in the previous quarter.
For the year, Stryker shares are up 40.6%, outperforming the S&P 500 which is up 22.66% year to date.
Stryker follows other major Healthcare sector earnings this month
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, J&J reported third quarter EPS of $2.12 on revenue of $20.73B, compared to forecasts of EPS of $2.01 on revenue of $20.08B.
Merck&Co earnings beat analyst's expectations on Tuesday, with third quarter EPS of $1.51 on revenue of $12.4B. Investing.com analysts expected EPS of $1.24 on revenue of $11.65B
Stay up-to-date on all of the upcoming earnings reports by visiting Investing.com's earnings calendar
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.