At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 declined 1.07%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Tesco Kipa Kitle Pazarlama Ticaret Lojistik ve Gida Sanayi AS (IS: KIPA ), which rose 8.95% or 0.280 points to trade at 3.410 at the close. Turk Hava Yollari AO (IS: THYAO ) added 4.09% or 0.680 points to end at 17.310 and Tekfen Holding AS (IS: TKFEN ) was up 3.86% or 0.63 points to 16.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Turkiye Is Bankasi AS Class C (IS: ISCTR ), which lost 4.83% or 0.380 points to trade at 7.490 in late trade. Anadolu Cam Sanayi AS (IS: ANACM ) declined 4.28% or 0.140 points to end at 3.130 and Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS Class D (IS: KRDMD ) shed 4.12% or 0.140 points to 3.260.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 259 to 102 and 44 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.04% or 0.50 to $1337.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.73% or 0.48 to hit $64.97 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.50% or 0.34 to trade at $68.24 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.09% to 3.7656, while EUR/TRY fell 0.44% to 4.6749.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 89.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.