At the close in London, the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 added 0.35%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Investing.com United Kingdom 100 were Fresnillo PLC (LON: FRES ), which rose 3.75% or 28.80 points to trade at 796.80 at the close. Mediclinic International PLC (LON: MDCM ) added 3.05% or 9.20 points to end at 311.20 and BAE Systems PLC (LON: BAES ) was up 2.23% or 10.10 points to 462.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Royal Mail PLC (LON: RMG ), which lost 5.21% or 10.70 points to trade at 194.50 in late trade. Capita PLC (LON: CPI ) declined 4.73% or 5.30 points to end at 106.85 and Tui AG (LON: TUIT ) shed 4.38% or 32.00 points to 698.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1222 to 957 and 195 ended unchanged on the London Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.13% or 14.85 to $1325.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.52% or 0.28 to hit $53.78 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.13 to trade at $61.86 a barrel.
GBP/USD was up 0.09% to 1.2643, while EUR/GBP rose 0.35% to 0.8875.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 97.355.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.