April 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 1 point at 7,238 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BARCLAYS: British bank Barclays Plc BARC.L faces shareholder revolt over whistleblower inquiry after a corporate governance firm advised shareholders not to back his re-election to the board, The Times reported on Friday. BP: BP Plc BP.L was restoring production on Thursday afternoon at two crude distillation units at its 413,500 barrel per day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana, refinery after performing work on an electrical power substation, said sources familiar with plant operations. OLD MUTUAL: Britain's Old Mutual Plc OML.L said it would sell its 26 percent stake in Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd to Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd KTKM.NS for about 12.93 billion rupees ($201.7 million). MARKS: British retailer Marks & Spencer MKS.L is to trial an online grocery shopping service this year, it said on Thursday, conceding it could no longer ignore the fastest growing segment of the market. ROYAL BANK: Royal Bank of Scotland RBS.L has reached an out-of-court settlement with another batch of shareholders who alleged they were misled during a 12 billion-pound ($15.5 billion) cash call in 2008, the state-owned bank said on Thursday. BHP: BHP Billiton BLT.L , BHP.AX is advancing with the sale of its small Cerro Colorado copper mine in Chile and there are a number of interested parties, although finalizing the deal will likely take some months, the mine's union said on Thursday. GOLD: Gold was little changed on Friday and poised for the biggest weekly fall in seven weeks as investors sought out higher returns than those from holding the non-interest bearing yellow metal by buying into riskier assets. OIL: Oil prices stabilised on Friday but were on track for a second straight weekly loss on concerns that an OPEC-led production cut has failed to significantly tighten an oversupplied market. The UK blue chip index closed down 0.7 percent at 7,237.17 points on Thursday, snapping a three-day winning streak as miners and ex-dividends weighed. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q1 2017 Interim Management Statement Release Group Plc
Trading Statement Release Holdings Plc
Trading Statement Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.