April 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100
index is seen opening down
by 23 points, or 0.4 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on The UK blue chip index closed up 35.39 points, or 0.6 percent, at 6,319.91
on Wednesday, boosted by strong results from drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L ,
while banking stocks were mixed as traders digested latest figures from Barclays
BARC.L and Standard Chartered STAN.L .
* TUI: European tourism group TUI TUIT.L has agreed a deal to sell its
Hotelbeds unit to private equity group Cinven CINV.UL and Canada Pension Plan
Investment Board for 1.191 billion euros ($1.35 billion) in cash, it said on
* LONDON STOCK EXCHANGE GROUP: The London Stock Exchange Group LSE.L and
Deutsche Boerse DB1Gn.DE said their planned $30 billion merger was on track
and steadily winning support, despite a looming UK vote on continued membership
in the European Union.
* GENEL: Genel Energy GENL.L , chaired by former BP (LON: BP ) head Tony Hayward, is
betting on a major deal with Turkey to jointly develop gas fields in Iraqi
Kurdistan which will help Ankara reduce its reliance on Russian supplies after
relations soured with Moscow.
* VICTREX: Invibio, a division of Victrex PLC VCTX.L that makes a key
polymer used in spinal and other medical implants, agreed to settle allegations
that it demanded exclusive contracts to illegally maintain its high market
share, the Federal Trade Commission said on Wednesday.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Bain & Company consultants have given the top executives of
Rolls-Royce Holdings Plc RR.L a study, which says that the engineering company
could boost profits by 1 billion pounds and match the profitability of US rival
GE GE.N , the Telegraph reported, citing sources.
* UK BREXIT: International investors have halted almost all their purchases
of British commercial property ahead of the European Union membership
referendum, a survey showed on Thursday, adding to signs that the vote is taking
a toll on the economy.
* UK INFLATION: Expectations among people in Britain for inflation over the
coming year rose in April to their highest level since July of last year
following a pick-up in official inflation data from below zero last year.
* EX-DIVS: Barratt Developments Plc
, Informa Plc
, ITV Plc
ITV.L , Legal & General Group Plc LGEN.L , Merlin Entertainments Plc MERL.L ,
Relx Plc REL.L , Travis Perkins Plc TPK.L and Unilever Plc ULVR.L will
trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming
7.52 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations ID:nL5N17S45Z
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Schroders PLC SDR.L Q1 2016 Schroders PLC Interim Management
Aggreko PLC AGGK.L Q1 2016 Aggreko PLC Trading Statement
Weir Group PLC WEIR.L Q1 2016 Weir Group PLC Interim
Management Statement Release
Harvey Nash HARV.L Full Year 2016 Harvey Nash Group PLC
Group PLC Earnings Release
Oxford OXB.L Full Year 2015 Oxford BioMedica PLC
BioMedica PLC Earnings Release
WPP PLC WPP.L Q1 2016 WPP PLC Trading Statement
Lloyds Banking LLOY.L Q1 2016 Lloyds Banking Group PLC Interim
Group PLC Management Statement Release
Taylor Wimpey TW.L Taylor Wimpey PLC Trading Statement
KAZ Minerals KAZ.L Q1 2016 Kaz Minerals PLC Interim
PLC Management Statement Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times PRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.