* The UK blue chip index closed 3.37 points higher on Friday at 6724.43, underperforming the broader European market as education publisher Pearson (LON: PSON ) slumped after posting results. SABMILLER: Brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev ABI.BR cleared a major hurdle towards its takeover of SABMiller SAB.L with regulatory approval from China on Friday, leaving the acquisition's future in the hands of the British company's board. GULF KEYSTONE: Norwegian energy firm DNO ASA DNO.OL , hoping to expand its presence in Iraqi Kurdistan, offered to buy rival Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd for $300 million, following the latter's junk bond deal this month. SIERRA RUTILE: Australia's Iluka Resources ILU.AX has made a 215 million pound ($284 million) all-cash takeover offer for rival mineral sands producer Sierra Rutile SRXR.L , looking to take advantage of a market slump to boost its long-term resources. UK BUSINESS MORALE: British business confidence plunged in the immediate aftermath of the June 23 vote to leave the European Union, regained a little ground later, but was still down sharply compared with last quarter, an industry body said on Monday. UK ECONOMY: British businesses expect economic growth to grind almost to a halt over the next three months due to weaker investment and consumer confidence after June's vote to leave the European Union, the Confederation of British Industry said on Sunday. EU RULES: Britain's financial watchdog published on Friday a consultation paper on implementing a reform of European Union securities markets, signalling to banks that last month's vote by Britons to leave the EU must not derail preparations for the new rules. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Real Good Food PLC
Full Year 2016 Real Good
Food PLC Earnings Release Cenkos Securities PLC
Full Year 2016 Cenkos
Securities PLC Earnings
Release Ascential PLC
Half Year 2016 Ascential PLC
Earnings Release Trinity Mirror PLC
Half Year 2016 Trinity
Mirror PLC Earnings Release Keller Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Keller Group
PLC Earnings Release Fidessa Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Fidessa Group
PLC Earnings Release Senior PLC
Half Year 2016 Senior PLC
Earnings Release Ultra Electronics
Half Year 2016 Ultra Holdings PLC
Electronics Holdings PLC
Earnings Release Intertek Group PLC
Half Year 2016 Intertek
Group PLC Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.