Aug 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 9 to 11 points higher on Tuesday, or up as much as 0.16 percent, according to financial spreadbetters.
* The UK blue chip index closed 15.6 points higher on Monday at 6809.13 points to touch its highest level in more than 13 months on the back of gains in mining stocks and Barclays BARC.L , which was boosted by an upgrade. BP: British oil major BP BP.L is seeking buyers for its 50 percent stake in a Chinese petrochemicals joint venture, its single largest investment in China, in a deal that would fetch $2-$3 billion, people familiar with the matter told Reuters. MONETARY POLICY: Bank of England policymaker Ian McCafferty said more quantitative easing was likely to be required if the U.K.'s economic decline worsens, the Times reported on Tuesday. BARCLAYS: Barclays BARC.L has reached a $100 million multi-state settlement over charges that it manipulated the Libor and Euribor interest rate benchmarks, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said on Monday. HSBC: HSBC Holdings Plc HSBA.L has settled a U.S. probe accusing the British bank of illegally repossessing cars owned by members of the U.S. military while they were serving their country, the Department of Justice said on Monday. BRITISH SPENDING: British retail spending bounced back in July as sales promotions and good weather outweighed any immediate concern about the consequences of Britain's decision to leave the European Union, a survey showed on Tuesday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
GW Pharmaceuticals Plc
Q3 Earnings Spirax-Sarco Engineering Plc SPX.L
H1 Earnings Synthomer Plc
SYNTS.L H1 Earnings SIG Plc
H1 Earnings Quarto Group Inc
H1 Earnings IP Group Plc
H1 Earnings Regus Plc
H1 Earnings Standard Life Plc
H1 Earnings Legal & General Group Plc
H1 Earnings Amec Foster Wheeler Plc
H1 Earnings Worldpay Group Plc
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.