UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 24
July 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening down 11 points, according to financial bookmakers.
* GLENCORE: Glencore PlC GLEN.L has signed an agreement to invest up to 66 million reais ($21 million) into Brazilian copper producer Paranapanema SA, the Brazilian firm said in a securities filing. BAKKAVOR: Bakkavor, one of the biggest suppliers of ready meals to Marks & Spencer and Waitrose, is exploring plans for a stock market float that could value it at up to 1.5 billion pounds, The Times reported on Sunday. B&M EUROPEAN VALUE RETAIL: Asda, the British supermarket arm of Wal-Mart Stores (NYSE: WMT ) WMT.N , is considering a 4.4 billion pounds ($5.7 billion) takeover of B&M European Value Retail BMEB.L , the discount retailer run by the billionaire Arora brothers, The Sunday Times reported. AIM: Companies leaving London's junior stock market because a broker or investment bank has quit as their adviser has hit a record this year, an accountancy firm specialising in the sector said. BRITAIN ECONOMY: British households' financial situation has deteriorated at the fastest rate in three years this month, as families increasingly shy away from big purchases like cars, holidays and household appliances, a survey showed on Monday. OIL: Oil prices gained on Monday after a steep fall the session before, buoyed by expectations that a joint OPEC and non-OPEC meeting later in the day may address rising output in Nigeria and Libya, two OPEC members so far exempt from a push to cut production. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index was down 0.5 percent on Friday but had its strongest weekly gains in two months, sheltered from the battering European stocks experienced at the mercy of a strong euro, while mid-caps had their best week in nearly a year.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
ASCL.L Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Cranswick PLC
Q1 2017 Trading Statement Release Mitchells & Butlers
Q3 2017 Trading Statement Release Sthree PLC
STHR.L Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Science Group PLC
SAGS.L Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Temple Bar Investment Trust TMPL.L Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Tungsten Corp PLC
TUNG.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or