UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 2
March 2 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100
index is seen opening up 42
to 50 points, or 0.7-0.8 percent higher on Wednesday, according to financial
bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
The UK blue chip index closed up 0.9 percent at 6,152.88, its highest in
over two months.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Wednesday in the wake of industry data that showed
a huge build in U.S. crude stockpiles that were already at a record high.
* RETAILERS: British shop prices fell more sharply last month than in
January as retailers resorted to deeper discounts to attract wary shoppers, the
British Retail Consortium said on Wednesday.
* SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell Plc's RDSa.L 316,600 barrel per day joint
venture Deer Park, Texas, refinery was restarting a coking unit on Tuesday after
completing a six-week overhaul of several units, sources familiar with plant
* JOHNSON & JOHNSON: A new leukaemia drug viewed by industry experts as a
future blockbuster has been rejected by Britain's healthcare cost-effectiveness
agency NICE, which said it could not be confident the medicine represented an
effective use of resources. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
2-Mar-16 TRS.L Tarsus Group PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 FRCL.L Foreign & Colonial Investment Trust PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 COSG.L Costain Group PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 LRD.L Laird PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 NICL.L Nichols PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 EMPR.L Empresaria Group PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 NMC.L NMC Health PLC Q4
2-Mar-16 CLINC.L Clinigen Group PLC Half Year
2-Mar-16 NVA.L Novae Group PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 SYNTS.L Synthomer PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 FSJ.L James Fisher and Sons plc Full Year
2-Mar-16 GHT.L Gresham Computing PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 DTY.L Dignity PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 ITRK.L Intertek Group PLC Full Year
2-Mar-16 ITV.L ITV PLC Full Year
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times PRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134
For more information on Top News visit
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or