March 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 42 points lower on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* VODAFONE: New Zealand pay television provider Sky Network TV SKT.NZ on Wednesday filed an appeal against the Commerce Commission's decision to bar its purchase of Vodafone 's VOD.L local unit.
* ACACIA MINING: Canadian gold miner Endeavour Mining Corp EDV.TO said on Tuesday it had ended discussions with London-based Acacia Mining Plc ACAA.L regarding a potential merger. SHOE ZONE: Shoe Zone SHOE.L is among the final bidders for rival footwear chain Brantano, Sky News reported on Tuesday. BHP BILLITON: The striking union at BHP Billiton's BLT.L Escondida copper mine in Chile, the world's largest, will meet with the company on Wednesday to resume conversations, both parties said on Tuesday night. BRITAIN AIRLINES: The United States and Britain on Tuesday imposed restrictions on carry-on electronic devices on planes coming from certain airports in Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East and North Africa in response to unspecified security threats. BRITAIN BANKS: Britain said on Tuesday that its authorities would investigate newspaper allegations that UK-based banks had been used in a global money laundering scheme. BREXIT: Banks in London that relocate operations to the euro zone after Brexit are likely to be spared a lengthy entry test by regulators, making it easier for them to shift, according to two officials with knowledge of the matter. BREXIT: Failing to reach a comprehensive free trade deal with the European Union risks significant damage to Britain's trade in non-financial services, a committee of members of the upper house of parliament said in a report published on Wednesday. OIL: Oil prices dipped on Wednesday as rising crude stocks in the United States underscored an ongoing global fuel supply overhang despite an OPEC-led effort to cut output. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index closed 0.7 percent lower at 7,378.34 points on Tuesday, as sterling strengthened after British inflation shot past the central bank's target for the first time in three years. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2017 Savills PLC
Preliminary 2016 Kingfisher PLC KGF.L
Full Year 2016 Ferrexpo PLC
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.