UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 14
Nov 14 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 55 points at 6,785 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed 1.4 percent lower at 6,730.43 points on Friday, dragged down by a sell-off in emerging markets that hit shares of companies exposed to those regions, as investors digested the implications of Donald Trump's victory in the U.S. presidential election. SHIRE: Shire SHP.L , a drugmaker specialising in rare diseases, aims to double Asian sales by 2020, targeting markets including China where it hopes to widen access to its haemophilia drugs as the country updates a key reimbursement list for the first time since 2009. RBS: If Britain does not agree a transitional arrangement with the European Union for the country's finance industry, it will be damaging for the economy and the financial services sector, the chairman of Royal Bank of Scotland RBS.L said on Sunday. SHELL: Japanese refiner Idemitsu Kosan 5019.T will again delay its planned purchase of Showa Shell Sekiyu 5002.T shares from Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L because a review by the Japan Fair Trade Commission remains ongoing, the Nikkei newspaper said. DAILY MAIL: Danish toymaker Lego said on Saturday it would stop giving away free toys with Britain's Daily Mail , following a campaign to stop advertising in newspapers accused of discrimination in their coverage of migrants. DMGOa.L UK HIRING: Fewer British employers expect to hire staff in late 2016 and will raise pay by less than inflation next year as the effects of the decision to leave the European Union set in, an industry body said on Monday. UK JOBS: U.S. bank Citi C.N is preparing to move up to 900 jobs from London to Dublin as part of its contingency plans for Britain's exit from the European Union, the Sunday Times reported. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Taylor Wimpey PLC
Trading Statement Release Carr's Group PLC
Earnings Release William Hill PLC
Trading Statement Release Lonmin PLC
Full Year 2016 Earnings Release DCC Plc
Half Year 2016/17 Earnings
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or