Oct 12 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening flat on Wednesday after hitting a record high in the previous session, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.4 percent lower at 7,070.88 points on Tuesday, having hit a record high of 7,129.83 points earlier in the session. GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L will hire more than 200 workers at its Collinsville coal mine in Australia after scaling back its payroll earlier this year, amid resurgent demand for coal in Asia, the company said on Tuesday. SAINSBURY: Britain's No.2 supermarket group Sainsbury's SBRY.L aims to have an Argos presence in every one of its British stores, its chief executive said on Tuesday, after it completed a 1.4 billion pound ($1.74 billion) takeover of Argos and Habitat owner Home Retail early last month. DEUTSCHE BANK: Deutsche Bank DBKGn.DE pays more to borrow from other banks than its peers including stragglers in Greece and Italy, Euribor data showed on Tuesday, a trend that underscores the gravity of the problems facing Germany's flagship lender. BRITISH ADVERTISING: Growth in British companies' advertising spending budgets has hit its highest in more than two years, a survey showed on Wednesday, suggesting that Brexit's impact on the sector might be softer than previously expected. UK/CHINA FLIGHTS: The British and Chinese governments have agreed on a deal to increase the number of flights between the two countries to 200 per week from 80, Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman said on Tuesday. FUJITSU: Japanese electronics giant Fujitsu Ltd 6702.T said on Tuesday it was cutting 1,800 jobs in Britain as part of a "transformation programme" but that the move was not linked to the country's vote to leave the European Union. OIL: Crude futures inched up on Wednesday, with investors waiting for talks between OPEC producers and other oil exporters on curbing output to end a glut in the global market. Brent crude LCOc1 was up 0.32 percent at $52.58 a barrel at 0522 GMT.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Animalcare Group Plc
Full Year 2016 Earnings
Release Marston's Plc
Interim Q4 2016 Interim
Management Statement Fresnillo Plc
Q3 2016 Production Report
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.