Oct 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening down 0.5 percent on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.85 percent at 6,958.09 points on Wednesday, hit by weakness in banks and mining stocks after Lloyds Banking Group Plc LLOY.L and Antofagasta Plc ANTO.L fell after disappointing earnings updates. BHP BILLITON: BHP Billiton BHP.AX BLT.L said on Thursday its chief commercial officer, Dean Dalla Valle, who has led the company's response to the Samarco dam disaster in Brazil, will leave the company in March 2017. ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND: Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc RBS.L held fresh discussions with a group of institutional investors to settle one of many outstanding cases against the bank over its 12 billion pound rights issue, Sky News reported. BARCLAYS: Barclays Plc BARC.L and UBS AG UBSG.S have agreed to settle U.S. litigation by bondholders who accused the banks of conspiring with rivals to rig the Libor benchmark interest rate, lawyers for the plaintiffs said in court filings on Wednesday. RANDGOLD: Randgold Resources RRS.L has agreed to pay the Malian government 15 billion CFA francs ($25 million) to help to resolve a tax dispute that resulted in the company's Bamako offices and bank accounts being closed by authorities this month, chief executive Mark Bristow said in a statement on Wednesday. ICAP/TULLETT PREBON: Interdealer broker ICAP Plc's IAP.L sale of its global hybrid voice broking business to Tullett Prebon Plc TLPR.L is likely to miss the year-end target as UK regulators are examining the licenses needed for the tie-up, Bloomberg reported. LADBROKES: Bookmaker Ladbrokes LAD.L said Britain's competition regulator had cleared its acquisition of Gala Coral, paving the way to create a betting group that will seek to build on its dominance of Britain's high streets to expand its online business. IAG: British Airways has agreed to pay 300 million pounds ($367 million) per year into its pension scheme, plus top-ups, under a new plan which leaves room for the airline to pay dividends to owner IAG ICAG.L . EX-DIVS: Barratt Developments Plc BDEV.L , ITV Plc ITV.L , Provident Financial Plc PFG.L , Unilever Plc ULVR.L and Wolseley Plc WOS.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 3.62 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations UK PROPERTY: Demand from British businesses for commercial property has partly recovered from its slump after June's vote to leave the European Union and foreign investors are looking to take advantage of the weak pound, industry data showed on Thursday. UK ECONOMY: Britain escaped a severe economic slowdown in the three months after the Brexit referendum shock, official figures are expected to show on Thursday, further diminishing the chance of a fresh interest rate cut by the Bank of England next week. UK CAR EXPORT: British car production rose by an annual 0.9 percent in September with a rise in exports compensating for a fall in demand at home, an industry body said on Thursday. UK INVESTMENT: British finance minister Philip Hammond should encourage businesses to invest and spend more on infrastructure when he delivers his first budget statement since Britain's vote to leave the European Union, an employers group said. OIL: Oil prices were below $50 per barrel on Thursday on doubts OPEC will be able to bring together its members and Russia to organise a coordinated crude production cut. O/R
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Half Year 2016 Earnings Release Inchcape PLC
Q3 2016 Trading Statement Release Redefine International PLC
Full Year 2016 Earnings Release Barclays PLC
Q3 2016 Interim Management
Statement Release BT Group PLC
Q2 2017 Earnings Release DS Smith PLC
Pre-Close Trading Statement
Release Henderson Group PLC
Q3 2016 Trading Statement Release KAZ Minerals PLC
Q3 2016 Production Report and
Interim Management Statement
Release Debenhams PLC
Full Year 2016 Earnings Release Relx PLC
Q3 2016 Trading Statement Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.