Sept 20 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 1 to 7 points lower, or down as much as 0.1 percent on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index closed at 6,813.55 on Monday, up 103.27 points or 1.5 percent, thanks to a rise in commodity-related stocks. UNILEVER: Unilever ULVR.L said on Monday it would buy Seventh Generation, a U.S.-based maker of "green" home and personal care goods, its latest deal aimed at boosting the faster-growing part of its business. UK BANKS: Banks in Britain would suffer only a "modest" direct hit if they lost "passporting" rights to the European Union's single market, Moody's Investors Service said on Monday. UK BANKS: Banks based in Britain will lose access to EU markets after Brexit unless the country remains in the broader European trading group that includes nations such as Norway, the head of Germany's Bundesbank warned on Monday. BREXIT: Britain will get "the right deal in terms of trade" with the European Union, Prime Minister Theresa May told a group of U.S. business and finance leaders on Monday, including business chiefs from Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) GS.N , IBM (NYSE: IBM ) IBM.N and Amazon.com AMZN.O , in a bid to reassure investors after her country's shock vote to leave the European Union. METALS: London copper and nickel dipped on Tuesday as the dollar edged higher, but encouraging economic signals from China offered some support to prices. OIL: Oil prices fell on Tuesday after Venezuela said that global supplies needed to fall by 10 percent in order to bring production down to consumption levels, and technical indicators also pointed to cheaper crude futures. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Bango PLC
Half Year Horizon Discovery Group PLC
Half Year Xeros Technology Group PLC
Half Year Crossrider PLC
CROSC.L Half Year Pennon Group PLC
Trading Statement French Connection Group PLC
Half Year Faroe Petroleum PLC
Half Year Judges Scientific PLC
Half Year Augean PLC
Half Year Blancco Technology Group PLC BLTGB.L Full Year Kingfisher PLC
Half Year IG Group Holdings PLC
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.