April 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 5 points lower at 7,446 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* DEBENHAMS: Sports Direct SPD.L boss Mike Ashley is still looking for ways to take control of Debenhams DEB.L , he said on Monday after the ailing retailer rejected his rescue plan only hours before it was due to fall into the hands of its lenders. GSK: GlaxoSmithKline Plc's GSK.L two-drug treatment for HIV infections won U.S. market approval on Monday, boosting the British drugmaker's growth prospects against competitor Gilead Sciences Inc GILD.O STANDARD CHARTERED: London-based Standard Chartered STAN.L is expected to pay slightly more than $1 billion to resolve a nearly five-year-old investigation of potential U.S. sanctions violations tied to its banking for Iran-controlled entities in Dubai, as well as a related U.K. probe, according to a person familiar with the matter. OIL: Oil prices on Tuesday reached their highest since November as concerns over exports from war-torn Libya stoked tightness in the market, with global supply already hit by OPEC-led production cuts and U.S. sanctions on Iran and Venezuela. GOLD: Gold prices rose on Tuesday, trading close to a more than one-week high touched in the previous session, as the dollar eased after weak U.S. economic data. The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent up on Monday and was at its highest closing level since early October, rescued from the red by a turnaround in oil majors. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
One Media IP Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Escape Hunt PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Luceco PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Arena Events Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Destiny Pharma PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Anexo Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Results Nanoco Group PLC
Full Year 2019 Results Mission Marketing Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.