April 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 9 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* PERSIMMON: Persimmon PSN.L shareholders voted narrowly in favour of the housebuilder's controversial pay scheme for senior bosses at the British firm's annual general meeting on Wednesday. BARCLAYS: British bank Barclays BARC.L and digital payments firm PayPal PYPL.O have announced a partnership that will see them explore ways to combine their services for customers STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered Plc's STAN.L compliance head Neil Barry is under investigation by the bank pertaining to allegations of misconduct, Bloomberg reported.
* UK-AUTOS: Carmakers operating in Britain reported a fall of more than 6 percent in production in the first three months of 2018 as the industry fretted about the future of diesel vehicles and export prospects after Brexit. GOLD: Gold prices on Thursday were little changed after falling to their lowest in five weeks in the previous session, pressured by a stronger dollar, which held near more than three-month highs, and a rise in U.S. Treasury yields. OIL: Oil prices rose on Thursday, supported by an expectation that the United States will re-impose sanctions against Iran, a decline in output in Venezuela and ongoing strong demand. EX-DIVS: Antofagasta ANTO.L , Fresnillo FRES.L , Glencore GLEN.L , Legal & General LGEN.L , Relx REL.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.44 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations The UK blue chip index closed down 0.62 percent at 7,379.32 points on Wednesday, after a £64 billion bid for drug maker Shire and a fresh £22 billion offer for Sky failed to lift the UK stock market as worries about rising U.S. bond yields and corporate costs continued to weigh on global markets. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L
Q1 2018 Earnings Kaz Minerals
Q1 2018 Interim Management
Q1 2018 Trading Statement Domino's Pizza
Q1 2018 Trading Statement N Brown
Full Year Earnings Synthomer
SYNTS.L Q4 2017 Trading Statement Elementis
Trading Statement Capita
Full Year 2017 Earnings Cobham
Interim Management Statement Taylor Wimpey
Trading Statement Release Barclays
Q1 2018 Earnings Meggitt
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.