Aug 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 6 points lower at 7405.2 on Thursday, according to financial spreadbetters.
* BOE: The Bank of England looks set to keep interest rates at a record low once again on Thursday with investors looking for signs that, faced with Brexit, it is getting nearer to raising rates for the first time in a decade. COPPER: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange CMCU3 was mostly flat at round $6,354.50 a tonne. GOLD/DEMAND: Global demand for gold fell 14 percent in the first half of this year due mainly to a sharp decline in purchases by exchange traded funds, the World Gold Council said in a report on Thursday. OIL: Oil dipped on Thursday as a rally that has pushed up prices by almost 10 percent since early last week lost momentum despite renewed signs of a gradually tightening U.S. market. Brent crude futures LCOc1 , the international benchmark for oil prices, were trading down 20 cents, or 0.4 percent, at $52.16 per barrel at 0506 GMT. EX-DIVS: Unilever ULVR.L , RELX REL.L and Micro Focus MCRO.L will go ex-dividend on Thursday, after which investors will no longer qualify for the latest dividend payout. According to Reuters calculations at current market prices, the effect of the resulting adjustment to prices by market-makers would take 2.35 points off the index. Britain's major share index slipped on Wednesday as basic resources and financial stocks weighed on another full day of earnings with Standard Chartered (LON: STAN ) and Rio Tinto (LON: RIO ) among the large companies reporting disappointing results. The FTSE 100 .FTSE dipped 0.3 percent after two robust sessions of gains, dragged down by heavyweight miners Rio Tinto and Glencore (LON: GLEN ), with financials the biggest sector weight.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Portmeirion Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Portmeirion Group PLC
Earnings Release PHSC PLC
Full Year 2017 PHSC PLC Earnings
Release Mondi PLC
Half Year 2017 Mondi Ltd Earnings
Release Non-Standard Finance PLC NSF.L
Half Year 2017 Non-Standard Finance PLC
Earnings Release Ibstock PLC
Half Year 2017 Ibstock PLC Earnings
Release Leeds Building Society
Half Year 2017 Leeds Building Society
Earnings Release Silver Falcon PLC
Half Year 2017 Silver Falcon PLC
Earnings Release Spirent Communications
Half Year 2017 Spirent Communications plc
plc Earnings Release Cobham PLC
Half Year 2017 Cobham PLC Earnings
Release Serco Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Serco Group PLC Earnings
Release Dialight PLC
Half Year 2017 Dialight PLC Earnings
Release Devro PLC
Half Year 2017 Devro PLC Earnings
Release Pendragon PLC
Half Year 2017 Pendragon PLC Earnings
Release Cloudcall Group PLC
Half Year 2017 Cloudcall Group PLC
Earnings Release LSL Property Services
Half Year 2017 LSL Property Services PLC
PLC Earnings Release Willis Towers Watson PLC WLTW.OQ
Q2 2017 Willis Towers Watson PLC
Earnings Release Travelport Worldwide Ltd TVPT.N
Q2 2017 Travelport Worldwide Ltd
Earnings Release Aviva PLC
Half Year 2017 Aviva PLC Earnings
Release London Stock Exchange
Interim 2017 London Stock Exchange Group PLC
Group PLC Earnings Release Inmarsat PLC
Half Year 2017 Inmarsat PLC Earnings
Release esure Group PLC
Half Year 2017 esure Group PLC Earnings
Release ConvaTec Group PLC
Half Year 2017 ConvaTec Group PLC
Earnings Release Shire PLC
Q2 2017 Shire PLC Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.