Feb 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 12 points higher at 7,306.4 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday granted approval for expanded use of AstraZeneca Plc's AZN.L AZN.N immunotherapy drug, Imfinzi, to treat non-small cell lung cancer whose tumors can't be surgically removed. ACACIA MINING: Gold miner Acacia Mining ACAA.L confirmed on Friday it had begun to value its Tanzanian operations for a potential sale after expressions of interest from Chinese buyers. BP: British oil major BP BP.L , which operates a number of oil and gas fields in Azerbaijan, plans no maintenance shutdowns of platforms there this year and intends to advance with new projects, BP's regional president told Reuters. ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND: Britain's financial watchdog said it would not publish the full report into Royal Bank of Scotland Group's RBS.L treatment of small businesses, but instead sent a copy of the report to lawmakers on Friday. lawmakers confirmed on Friday that they had received a confidential report into Royal Bank of Scotland's alleged mistreatment of small businesses during the financial crisis.
* UBER: Taxi service Uber UBER.UL , battling to retain its licence to operate in the British capital, said on Friday it would introduce new safety features, including 24-hour telephone support for riders and drivers. OIL: Oil prices extended gains on Monday, but the increases were limited as the dollar recaptured some ground after touching its lowest level in more than three years on Friday. GOLD: Spot gold prices edged up on Monday on a weaker U.S. dollar and as investors looked to hedge against inflation. METALS: London metals started the week lower on Monday as a resurgent dollar dragged down prices from one-month highs hit the session before and the Lunar New Year holidays reduced liquidity. The UK blue chip index closed up 0.83 percent at 7,294.95 points on Friday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
MJ Gleeson PLC
GLEG.L Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Spectris PLC
Full Year 2017 Earnings Release Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
Full Year 2017 Earnings Release Fidessa Group PLC
FDSA.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.