Feb 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 7 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L on Wednesday said it would "vigorously contest" a $680 million tax demand from the British authorities linked to transfer pricing. STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered Plc STAN.L said on Wednesday Britain's financial watchdog had imposed a fine of 102.2 million pounds ($133.34 million) in relation to its investigation into the bank's historical financial crime controls. ANGLO AMERICAN: Anglo American AAL.L said on Thursday it has suspended operations at its Moranbah North coking coal mine in Australia after one worker died and several were injured on Wednesday. EX-DIVS: Carnival (NYSE: CCL ) CCL.L , GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L and Imperial Brands IMB.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.16 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip index closed 0.7 percent higher at 7,228.62 points on Wednesday, as Lloyds (LON: LLOY ) gained after promising to return cash to shareholders and optimism prevailed over China-U.S. trade talks. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Rights and Issues Investment Trust RIICi.L Full Year 2018 Earnings Hotel Chocolat Group
Half Year 2019 Earnings Relx PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Serco Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings RPS Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings McBride PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Go-Ahead Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Wilmington PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Lighthouse Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Barclays PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Centrica PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings BAE Systems PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Anglo American PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Hays PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Kaz Minerals PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Playtech PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Georgia Capital PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Rathbone Brothers PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings TBC Bank Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings Arbuthnot Banking Group PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.