Feb 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 <.FTSE index> is seen opening 12 points lower at 7,096 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* PREMIER FOODS: Premier Foods Plc PFD.L said on Wednesday it would review options after talks with its top shareholders. INTERSERVE: Interserve IRV.L doubled the stake existing shareholders will retain in the British outsourcer to five percent on Wednesday as it set out details of a debt-for-equity deal with lenders aimed at averting a collapse like that of rival Carillion. MARKS AND SPENCER: Britain's Marks and Spencer MKS.L and Ocado OCDO.L launched an online food joint venture on Wednesday, belatedly giving M&S a home-delivery service while netting $1 billion for its fast-growing technology providing partner. METRO BANK: The chief executive of crisis-hit Metro Bank MTRO.L said there were "absolutely no question marks" over the future of the lender after a major accounting blunder triggered a hefty investor cash call, sending its shares into a tailspin. GOLD: Gold prices on Thursday held near two-week lows touched in the previous session as the dollar rebounded after cautious comments from U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer stoked concerns over progress in U.S.-China trade talks. OIL: Oil prices dipped on Thursday, dragged down by weakening factory output in China and Japan and record U.S. crude output, although markets remained relatively well supported by supply cuts led by producer club OPEC. EX-DIVS: AstraZeneca AZN.L , Barclays BARC.L , Diageo DGE.L , easyJet EZJ.L and Micro Focus MCRO.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 13.9 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations The UK blue chip index closed 0.61 percent down at 7101.20 on Wednesday as Marks & Spencer tumbled after announcing a rights issue to fund an online food joint venture with Ocado, while plans for a cash call knocked Metro Bank to an all-time low. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Bovis Homes
Full year result Inchcape
Full year result Mondi
Full year result Rentokil
< RTO.L> Prelim Full year result Petrofac
Full year result Hunting Plc
Full year result Hastings Group
Full year result Spire Healthcare Plc
Full year result Vesuvius Plc
Full year results Genus Plc
Full year result Merlin Entertainments
Full year result Greencoat Uk Wind Plc
Full year result Maistro Plc
MAISM.L Full year result Avanti Communications
Half year result Ricardo Plc
Half year result Howden Joinery Plc
Half year result
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.