UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 6
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower at 7,168 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ASTRAZENECA: Britain's AstraZeneca AZN.L said a potential medicine to prevent respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in babies and infants had been granted special status by U.S. and European regulators, designed to speed up the development of novel and better drugs. UNILEVER: Unilever ULVR.L , UNc.AS has acquired British snack brand Graze for an undisclosed price, boosting the group's presence in food, it said on Tuesday. HSBC: HSBC HSBA.L is preparing to lay off dozens of staff in its global banking and markets business, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday. OCADO: Firefighters were tackling a fire at online supermarket pioneer Ocado Group Plc's OCDO.L flagship automated distribution centre in Andover, southern England, more than 18 hours after the alarm was first raised. GOLD: Gold prices held steady on Wednesday after U.S. President Donald Trump, in his State of the Union speech, vowed to build a border wall, but gave little clarity over developments in the ongoing trade discussions with China. OIL: Oil prices edged higher for the first time in three sessions on Wednesday, although concerns over the outlook for the global economy capped gains. The UK blue chip index closed 2.04 percent up at 7,177.37 on Tuesday, as heavyweight BP (LON: BP ) doubled its annual profit and miners rallied on higher iron ore prices while a weaker pound was also supportive. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Millennium & Copthorne
Full Year results Hotels
CYBGC.L Q1 Trading Statement GSK Plc
Q4 2018 Results Severn Trent Plc
Q3 2019 Earnings Electrocomponents Plc
Trading Statement Redrow Plc
Half year result Frontier Developments Plc
Half year result Victrex Plc
Trading Statement Barratt Developments Plc
Half year result Just Group Plc
JUSTJ.L Trading Statement GlaxoSmithKline Plc
Q4 2018 Results
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/ TODAY'S UK PAPERS > Financial Times PRESS/FT > Other business headlines PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or