Jan 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower at 7,722.5 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* TESCO: Tesco Plc TSCO.L has poached Ulster Bank Chief Executive Gerry Mallon to run the financial services arm of Britain's biggest retailer, Sky News reported on Tuesday.
RIO TINTO: The top U.S. securities regulator on Tuesday rejected arguments by Rio Tinto Plc RIO.L RIO.AX and two former top executives that its civil lawsuit claiming they concealed the plunging value of coal assets owned by the big Anglo-Australian mining company should be dismissed. RBS: Britain's Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc RBS.L will leave its current London headquarters by the end of 2019 in a cost-cutting move, it said on Tuesday.
BARCLAYS TRADER BAN: The Federal Reserve announced Tuesday it had rejected a motion to void a $1.2 million fine and industry ban on a former Barclays Plc BARC.L trader.
PETROPAVLOVSK: Kazakh businessman Kenges Rakishev, who owns just over a fifth of Russian miner Petropavlovsk POG.L , said the company should sell its 31.1 percent stake in Hong Kong-listed iron ore company IRC 1029.HK to focus exclusively on gold.
BOEING/ROLLS-ROYCE: Boeing (NYSE: BA ) Co BA.N has still to complete flight tests on the newly certified 787-10 Dreamliner with General Electric (NYSE: GE ) Co GE.N engines, but has finished tests with Rolls-Royce Holdings PLC RR.L engines, a Boeing executive said on Tuesday.
BRITAIN MOTOR INSURANCE: The average premium paid for motor insurance in Britain jumped 9 percent in 2017 to the highest level since 2012, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) said on Wednesday.
OIL: Brent crude oil futures LCOc1 were at $69.83 a barrel at 0517 GMT, down 13 cents from their last close, weighed down by data that showed an increase in U.S. crude oil and gasoline inventories. The UK blue chip index closed 0.21 percent higher on Tuesday with gains in airline easyJet (LON: EZJ ) following a trading update drove Britain's top share index higher, while Sky was in focus after the competition watchdog suggested ways that could make a Fox takeover acceptable.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Christmas Trading Statement
Q2 Trading Statement Release
Preliminary FY Results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.