UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 23
July 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 27 points higher at 7,542 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BRITISH AIRWAYS: British Airways pilots have voted overwhelmingly for strike action in a pay dispute that could disrupt the British flag carrier's peak summer holiday season.
INMARSAT: Britain said on Monday it would scrutinise the acquisition of satellite communications firm Inmarsat ISA.L by a private equity-led consortium to examine any potential impact on national security.
DEBENHAMS/SPORTS DIRECT: British department store group Debenhams said former shareholder Sports Direct SPD.L had withdrawn from a challenge to its rescue plan because it did not have sufficient legal grounds, but the sports retailer would continue to fund the action.
HEATHROW AIRPORT: Campaigners against the expansion of Heathrow Airport have won the right to lodge a new legal challenge against the construction of a new runway at Europe's biggest airport, Greenpeace, one of the appellants, said on Monday.
LLOYDS BANKING GROUP: Lloyds Banking Group PLC LLOY.L will pay about 140 million pounds to Standard Life Aberdeen PLC (SLA) SLA.L to settle a legal fight over the future of a 100 billion pound asset management mandate, Sky news reported on Monday. U.S. commodities trader Bunge Ltd BG.N and British energy company BP Plc BP.L said on Monday they will merge their Brazilian sugar and ethanol operations to create the world's third-largest sugarcane processor. Oil prices edged higher on Tuesday amid lingering concerns about possible supply disruptions in the Middle East, but an overall weaker demand outlook kept a lid on gains, helped by a vow by the International Energy Agency (IEA) to take swift action to keep global oil markets adequately supplied. Gold prices fell on Tuesday as the dollar strengthened and some investors locked in profits ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve meeting next week. The UK blue chip index closed 0.1% higher as gains in oil heavyweights amid heightened tensions in the Middle East helped London's main index hold steady on Monday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Fevertree Drinks Plc
HY earnings release GetBusy Plc
HY earnings release Christie Group Plc
Q2 earnings release Cohort Plc
FY earnings release Paragon Banking Group Plc
Q3 trading statement Gresham Technologies Plc
HY earnings release IG Group Holdings Plc
FY earnings release PZ Cussons Plc
FY earnings release Synectics Plc
FY earnings release Unite Group Plc
HY earnings release Santander (MC: SAN ) UK Group Holdings Plc SANS_p.L
Q2 earnings release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or