July 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 8 points higher at 7,565 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* DE LA RUE: The UK Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has opened a criminal investigation into passport and banknote printer De La Rue DLAR.L over "suspected corruption" in its business in South Sudan, sending its shares plunging to 16-year lows. BRITISH AIRWAYS: British Airways has lost a legal bid to stop its pilots from going on strike over pay in the busy summer holiday season but said it plans to appeal the decision. RYANAIR: Ryanair's RYA.I Irish pilot union on Tuesday began a ballot of members on possible strike action with results due by Aug. 9, the FORSA-IALPA union said in a statement. OIL: Oil prices edged higher on Wednesday, extending gains as rising tensions with Iran fuelled concerns about supply disruptions and as U.S. inventory data showed a much bigger than expected drop in crude stockpiles. GOLD: Gold prices rose on Wednesday, moving away from a one-week low touched in the previous session, as escalating tensions in the Middle East drove investors towards the safe-haven metal, while a stronger dollar limited the metal's gain. The UK blue chip index closed 0.6% higher on Tuesday, helped by broad gains on a combination of generally positive corporate results from Wall Street and Europe and bets that major central banks would cut interest rates soon. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Just Group Plc
JUSTJ.L Q2 Trading update Quartix Holdings Plc
HY Earnings release Van Elle Holdings Plc
FY Earnings release Antofagasta Plc
Q2 Production report Croda International Plc
HY Earnings release Segro Plc
HY Earnings release PayPoint Plc
Q1 Trading statement Informa Plc
HY Earnings release Polymetal International Plc
POLYP.L Q2 Production results Marston's Plc
Interim management statement ITV Plc
HY Earnings release GlaxoSmithKline Plc
Q2 Earnings release Drax Group Plc
HY Earnings release Britvic Plc
Q3 Trading statement Tullow Oil Plc
HY Earnings release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.