July 25 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen down 2 points at 7,507 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* KINGFISHER: British home improvement retailer Kingfisher KGF.L said on Wednesday its newly appointed chief executive officer, Thierry Garnier, would join the company on Sept. 25.
METRO BANK: Metro Bank MTRO.L said on Wednesday it will start the process of recruiting a replacement for its founder and chairman Vernon Hill, months after an accounting error hammered its shares, left a hole in its balance sheet and spooked customers.
TELECOM FINES: A government panel on Wednesday approved a combined penalty of 30.5 billion rupees ($442 million) on telecom operators Bharti Airtel BRTI.NS and Vodafone (LON: VOD ) Idea VODA.NS for not providing points of interconnection to Reliance Industries ' RELI.NS telecom unit Jio when it began operations in 2016, Indian media reported.
COBHAM: British engineer Cobham Plc COB.L is to be acquired by U.S. private equity firm Advent International in a deal that would value it at about 4 billion pounds ($4.99 billion) including debt, the Financial Times reported, citing people close to the situation.
RIO TINTO: Energy Resources Of Australia Ltd (ERA) ERA.AX said on Thursday that majority owner Rio Tinto (LON: RIO ) RIO.AX had offered to help underwrite part of the cost of rehabilitating the Ranger Uranium Project in the Northern Territory.
RYANAIR: Ryanair RYA.I cabin crew in Portugal are set to strike for five days in August in a dispute over pay and conditions, the SNPVAC union said on Wednesday.
DIAGEO: Talks over pay between Diageo Plc DGE.L and two of its biggest Scottish unions fell apart on Wednesday, threatening the production of some the region's most popular whiskies.
TBC BANK: Georgian prosecutors charged TBC Bank Group's TBCG.L chairman and his deputy on Wednesday with money laundering, a move the bankers said was absurd and damaged prospects for attracting investment to the country.
METRO BANK RESULTS: Metro Bank's MTRO.L , the British lender, said on Wednesday that customers had pulled 2 billion pounds ($2.5 billion) out of the lender this year following a major accounting error in January.
ROLLS ROYCE: Rolls-Royce RR.L said on Wednesday that its discussions with Indra Sistemas SA IDR.MC , which had expressed interest in acquiring a majority stake in the British group's Spanish business ITP Aero, have ended without agreement.
EX-DIVS: SSE Plc SSE.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 2.81 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations ID:nL8N24N1MD
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.7% down at 7,501 as miners dragged the index owing to iron ore prices falling and luxury carmaker Aston Martin losing a quarter of its value.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.