June 19 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 10 points higher at 7,453 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ROLLS ROYCE: Rolls-Royce RR.L chief executive Warren East said on Tuesday that uncertainties over Brexit remain an unwelcome distraction for the aerospace industry three years after Britain voted to leave the European Union. ACACIA MINING: Barrick Gold Corp ABX.TO , the world's No. 2 gold miner, believes its proposed offer to take full control of its African unit is "more than fair" and will engage with Acacia Mining Plc's ACAA.L board and minority shareholders to win them over, Chief Executive Mark Bristow told Reuters on Tuesday. GOALS SOCCER CENTRES: British five-a-side football pitch operator Goals Soccer Centres GOAL.L confirmed on Tuesday it is hiring audit firm Deloitte to help it assess options amid discussions with the UK tax authority HMRC regarding certain tax errors. SPORTS DIRECT, GOALS SOCCER CENTRES: Mike Ashley's Sports Direct SPD.L has demanded British five-a-side football pitch operator Goals Soccer Centres GOAL.L to allow it to hire corporate investigator Kroll to look into a slew of accounting issues at the company, Sky News reported. GOLD: Gold traded almost steady on Wednesday as investors awaited the U.S. Federal Reserve's monetary policy decision later in the day, while expectations of an improvement in trade relationship between the United States and China dented the metal's appeal. OIL: Oil prices extended gains on Wednesday after rising in the previous session on rekindled hopes for a U.S.-China trade deal and on the potential for conflict between the U.S. and Iran in the Middle East after tanker attacks there last week. The UK blue chip index ended 1.2% higher on Tuesday as a promise of more stimulus if required from European Central Bank (ECB) chief Mario Draghi lifted UK shares across sectors. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: ULS Technology PLC
Full Year 2019 Earnings Berkeley Group Holdings PLC BKGH.L
Full Year 2018 Earnings Severfield PLC
Full Year 2019 Earnings Saga PLC
SAGAG.L Trading Update Whitbread PLC
Q1 2019 Trading Statement CYBG
CYBGC.L Capital Markets Day IAG
Annual General Meeting
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.