March 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE is seen opening 32 points higher at 7,107 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* TBC BANK: Georgia's biggest retail bank TBC Bank Group Plc TBCG.L said on Thursday its corporate subsidiary TBC Bank JSC had received $34 million loan from the European Investment Bank. LLOYDS: Lawmakers have criticised a move by Britain's Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L to impose more expensive and complex overdraft fees on customers only months before a regulatory clampdown. PREMIER OIL: Britain's Premier Oil PMO.L has teamed up with U.S. private equity fund Apollo Global Management APO.N to bid for oil and gas fields owned by Chevron (NYSE: CVX ) CVX.N in the British North Sea, according to industry sources. BARCLAYS: John Varley, former CEO of Barclays BARC.L , told investigators in 2014 he had had to delegate responsibility during the British bank's efforts to raise more than 11 billion pounds ($15 billion) at the height of the credit crisis. GOLD: Gold prices hit a two-week low on Friday as upbeat U.S. economic data boosted the dollar, while mounting concerns over a slowdown in global growth offered support to the safe-haven metal. OIL: Oil prices rose on Friday as markets tightened amid output cuts by producer club OPEC, but surging U.S. supply and a global economic slowdown prevented crude from climbing further. The UK blue chip index closed 0.46 percent down at 7074.73 on Thursday as results hurt packaging firm Mondi (LON: MNDI ), miners fell on weak Chinese factory data and Rolls-Royce (LON: RR ) slipped after dropping out of the race to supply engines for Boeing (NYSE: BA )'s mid-market aircraft. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: William Hill
Full year result Robert Walters
Full year result London Stock Exchange
Full year result MPAC Group
Full year result New Star Investment Trust NESI.L
Half year result Jupiter Fund Management
Full year result IMI Plc
Full year result Man Group Plc
Full year result Maistro Plc
MAISM.L Full year result WPP Plc
Full year result Coats Group Plc
Full year result Rightmove Plc
Full year result
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.