March 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE is seen opening 25 points higher at 7,202 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* LONMIN: Platinum miner Lonmin LMI.L does not have sufficient liquidity to fund the new projects needed to avoid shaft closures and job losses, it said on Monday as it urged shareholders to back its proposed takeover by Sibanye-Stillwater SGLJ.J .
FASTJET: Cash-strapped regional Africa airline Fastjet Plc FJET.L said on Monday it has reached an agreement to further extend the repayment date on its unsecured loans.
SPORTS DIRECT: Mike Ashley's Sports Direct SPD.L said on Monday it was considering buying the whole of Debenhams DEB.L as an alternative to the restructuring options being pursued by the ailing department store chain's directors.
OCADO: British online supermarket pioneer Ocado OCDO.L has signed a partnership agreement with Australia's Coles Group COL.AX , its fifth major overseas deal in less than 18 months as food retailers around the globe meet the challenge of online competition.
GOLD: Gold prices were steady on Tuesday and hovered near one-month high hit in the previous session, as demand for safe-haven assets improved after treasury yields and equities fell on possible U.S. recession and global growth concerns.
OIL: Oil prices edged up on Tuesday, lifted by supply cuts led by producer club OPEC and U.S. sanctions against Iran and Venezuela, but signs of a sharp economic slowdown and potentially even a recession kept markets from rising further. The UK blue-chip index closed 0.42 percent lower at 7177.58 on Monday as fears of a recession in the United States triggered a sell-off in global markets, while the mid-cap index was battered by uncertainty over the next steps in Brexit. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Fevertree
FEVR.L Full year result United Utilities
Preclose update Ferguson
FERG.L Half year result AG Barr
Full year result Vectura Group
Full year result Crest Nicholson
CRST.L AGM statement Moss bros group
MOSB.L Full year result Nostrum
NOGN.L Full year result Boku Inc
BOKU.L Full year result Pelatro
PTRO.L Full year result Lidco Group
Full year result T Clarke
Full year result Personal Group
Full year result IP Group
Full year result Carnival (NYSE: CCL )
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.