March 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seenopening down 18 points on Wednesday, according to financialbookmakers.
* IAG (LON: ICAG ): The chief executive of British Airways-owner IAG ICAG.L is confident a deal will be done to secure Britain'sflying rights after Brexit, he said on Tuesday, dismissing arecent media report and a rival airline's prediction ofdisruption. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL5N1QO5CI
* WPP (LON: WPP ): As Procter & Gamble Co PG.N looks to invest more ininternal analytics programmes, the move could pressure ad giantsWPP Plc WPP.L and Publicis Groupe SAPUBP.PA , The Telegraphreported on Tuesday.
* RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland Group (LON: RBS ) PlcRBS.L has reacheda $500 million settlement with New York state to resolve chargesit misled investors by selling risky mortgage securities thatcontributed to the 2008 global financial crisis.
* SAINSBURY: Sainsbury'sSBRY.L , Britain's second largestsupermarket group, plans to increase the base rate of pay forstaff working in stores but stop paid breaks and an annualbonus, in a move it said would leave most staff better off. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL5N1QO3MW
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Wednesday, pulled down by weakerstock markets after a key advocate for free trade in the U.S.government resigned, stoking concerns Washington will go aheadwith import tariffs and risk a trade war. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL4N1QP1ZD
* GOLD: Gold prices inched up on Wednesday to their highestin a week as the dollar weakened and equities dropped after U.S.President Donald Trump said he would push ahead with punitivetariffs on imports, rekindling fears of a potential trade war. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL4N1QP1BP
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.4 percent higher onTuesday, outperforming European markets, as world stocksshrugged off fears of a trade war and concerns about politicalrisk in Italy following its inconclusive general election. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL5N1QO4XJ
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, pleaseclick on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Tritax Big Box REIT PLCBBOXT.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Rolls-Royce (LON: RR ) Holdings PLC RR.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Restaurant Group PLC RTN.L Full Year 2017 Earnings ST Ives PLC SIV.L Half Year 2018 Earnings Bioquell PLC BIOQ.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Hill & Smith Holdings PLC HILS.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Ophir Energy (LON: OPHR ) PLC OPHR.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Legal & General Group (LON: LGEN ) PLC LGEN.L Full Year 2017 Earnings CLS Holdings PLC CLSH.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Pagegroup PLC PAGE.L Full Year 2017 Earnings DS Smith PLC SMDS.L Trading Statement esure Group PLC ESUR.L Full Year 2017 Earnings Stock Spirits Group PLC STCK.L Full Year 2017 Earnings
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.