UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 22
Nov 22 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 15 points lower at 7,036 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* LLOYDS: A senior lawmaker has demanded an investigation into the way the chief executive of Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L handled information related to one of Britain's biggest fraud cases. VODAFONE: An Italian administrative court annulled fines on phone operators Telecom Italia TLIT.MI , Vodafone VODA.L , Fastweb SCMN.S and Wind3 which had been imposed last year by communications regulator AGCOM over a billing practice. STANDARD CHARTERED: New York's Department of Financial Services (DFS) will end a period of monitoring of Standard Chartered STAN.L on Dec. 31, the DFS said on Wednesday, bringing to a close one strand of the bank's punishment for past failings in compliance controls. GOLD: Gold prices held firm on Thursday after hitting the highest in two weeks in the previous session, with improved risk appetite weighing on the U.S. dollar. OIL: Oil prices dipped on Thursday after U.S. crude inventories increased to their highest level since December 2017 amid concerns of an emerging global glut, although an expected supply cut by producer cartel OPEC prevented further drops. EX-DIVS: Carnival (NYSE: CCL ) CCL.L , DCC DCC.L , Evraz EVRE.L , Imperial Brands IMB.L , National Grid NG.L and Vodafone Group VOD.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 9.8 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip index ended up 1.5 percent on Wednesday for their best day in two months, helped by oil and banking stocks and upbeat results from Johnson Matthey (LON: JMAT ), which soothed investor concerns about slowing earnings growth. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2019 Earnings Keller Group PLC
Trading Statement Mitie Group PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Caledonia Investments PLC
CLDN.L Half Year 2018 Earnings Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC ERM.L
Full Year 2018 Earnings TR Property Investment Trust PLC
Half Year 2019 Earnings Mitchells & Butlers PLC
Full Year 2018 Earnings First Property Group PLC
FSTP.L Half Year 2019 Earnings CMC Markets PLC
CMCX.L Half Year 2019 Earnings Assura PLC
AGRP.L Half Year 2019 Earnings Centrica (LON: CNA ) PLC
Q3 2018 Trading Statement Severn Trent (LON: SVT ) PLC
Interim 2019 Earnings Majestic Wine PLC
WINEW.L Half Year 2019 Earnings Bank of Georgia Group Plc
BGEO.L Q3 Earnings
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or