UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 27
Nov 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 9 points lower at 7,027 points on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* OIL: Oil markets were trading cautiously on Tuesday, with mixed signals from top exporter Saudi Arabia ahead of an OPEC meeting in Austria next week. International Brent crude oil futures LCOc1 were down 0.3 percent at $60.30 per barrel as at 0530 GMT. GOLD: Gold prices inched lower on Tuesday while investors awaited clues on the pace of future U.S. interest rate hikes and as the U.S.-China trade spat sours ahead of a G20 summit. FAROE PETROLEUM: Britain's Faroe Petroleum FPM.L rejected a 608 million pound ($781 million) hostile bid by DNO DNO.OL on Monday, which it said substantially undervalued the Aberdeen-based firm. STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered Plc STAN.L is considering simplifying its structure as it looks to curb costs across its networks from Zambia to Macau, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing sources. BHP: BHP Group Plc BHPB.L has identified a potential new iron oxide, copper and gold mineralized system near its Olympic Dam operations in South Australia as part of a copper exploration program, the miner said on Tuesday. The UK blue chip index .FTSE closed 83.14 points higher at 7,036 points on Monday, as worries about Brexit eased after the weekend vote in Brussels and investors piled back into oil and financials and the battered telecoms sector rallied on dealmaking news. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Intertek Group (LON: ITRK ) Plc
Trading statement Topps Tiles Plc
Full-year results Pennon Group Plc
Half-year results Cranswick Plc
Half-year results Pets at Home Group Plc
Half-year results De la Rue Plc
Half-year results Amigo Holdings Plc
Full-year results Shaftesbury Plc
Full-year results Gooch & Housego Plc
Full-year results Severfield Plc
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or