UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Nov 5
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 17 points higher at 7,387 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ENERGY FIRMS: Drax DRX.L , Equinor EQNR.OL and National Grid NG.L announced plans to develop the world's first net zero emissions industrial zone in the north east of England by 2040, a move they said could help Britain meet its climate targets. COPPER: Prices rose after copper producer Antofagasta ANTO.L cut its output forecast from Chile due to nationwide protests in the world's biggest copper producer. GOLD: Prices edged down as hopes of a Sino-U.S. trade pact boosted the dollar and spurred appetite for riskier assets, blunting investors' interest in holding the non-yielding bullion. The UK blue chip index surged nearly 1% to a more than one-month high on Monday as heavyweight banks, miners and oil stocks were driven higher by hopes of a trade deal between the U.S. and China. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Associated British Foods PLC ABF.L
Full Year 2019 Earnings Imperial Brands PLC
Full Year 2019 Earnings Weir Group PLC
WEIR.L Q3 2019 Statement IWG Plc
Q3 2019 Trading Update
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or