Nov 8 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 28 points higher at 7,145 points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* RYANAIR: Ryanair Holdings Plc RYA.I , RYAAY.O and long-time Chief Executive Michael O'Leary have been sued in New York by a shareholder that said Europe's largest airline defrauded investors and inflated its share price by overstating its ability to manage labor relations and keep costs down. BHP: Global miner BHP Billiton BHP.AX BLT.L will meet its iron ore commitments to customers despite a supply disruption after it had to derail a runaway ore train in Western Australia, Chief Executive Andrew Mackenzie said on Thursday. EX-DIVS: BP BP.L and Whitbread WTB.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 6.2 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. OIL: Oil prices dipped on Thursday as record U.S. crude output heightened concerns of a return of global oversupply, stoking talk from within OPEC that production curbs may become necessary once again to prevent a glut. GOLD: Gold prices inched lower on Thursday on the back of a stronger dollar as investors digested the U.S. midterm election results and turned their focus to the Federal Reserve's monetary policy decision due later in the day. The UK blue chip index closed 1.1 percent higher at 7,117.28 points on Wednesday, as UK shares joined a post-U.S. midterms rally with strong gains across sectors despite disappointing trading updates from retailer Marks & Spencer and commercial broadcaster ITV (LON: ITV ). For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: OneSavings Bank PLC
Q3 Trading Statement Tate & Lyle PLC
Half Year Earnings National Grid PLC
Half Year Earnings IMI PLC
Q3 Interim Management Statement Inchcape PLC
Q3 Trading Statement Howden Joinery Group PLC
Q3 Trading Statement Derwent London PLC
Q3 Business Update Halfords Group PLC
Half Year Earnings Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
Interim Management Statement Gattaca PLC
Full Year Earnings Tracsis PLC
Full Year Earnings Superdry PLC
Half Year Pre-Close Trading Statement AstraZeneca PLC
Q3 Earnings BAE Systems PLC
Trading Statement J Sainsbury (OTC: JSAIY ) PLC
Half Year Earnings Burberry Group PLC
Interim Earnings Inmarsat PLC
Q3 Earnings Auto Trader Group PLC
AUTOA.L Half Year Earnings Beazley
Q3 Trading Statement
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.