Nov 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 2 points higher at 7,531.4 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BGEO GROUP: Georgia's BGEO Group Plc BGEO.L , which is planning to split its banking and investment businesses, reported a 20.3 percent fall in third-quarter profits on Wednesday. BOE: Banks might start to activate contingency plans and possibly move business away from Britain if there is no clarity on the UK departure from the European Union by next Spring, Bank of England policymaker Ian McCafferty said on Wednesday. BRITAIN HOUSEPRICES: House prices in Britain are no longer rising and are falling in London at their fastest pace since 2009, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said on Thursday, citing political worries and last week's Bank of England interest rate hike. GOLD: Gold prices held largely steady on Thursday after marking a near three-week high in the previous session, while palladium remained close to a more than 16-year peak touched on Wednesday. OIL: Oil prices held steady on Thursday after falling late in the previous session, supported by ongoing supply cuts led by OPEC and Russia. EX-DIVS: BP BP.L , GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L and Whitbread WTB.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 9.48 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip index FTSE 100 .FTSE Index rose 0.2 percent and closed at 7,529.72 points on Thursday, supported by gains among heavyweight consumer and commodity stocks, while housebuilders were dragged lower by a disappointing update from Persimmon (LON: PSN ). For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Dairy Crest Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Prime People PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release SuperGroup PLC
Q1 2018 Trading Statement Release Auto Trader Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Beazley PLC
Q3 2017 Earnings Release National Grid PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release IMI PLC
Q3 2017 Interim Statement Release Derwent London PLC
Q3 2017 Business Update Halfords Group PLC
Half Year 2018 Earnings Release Hikma Pharmaceuticals
Interim Statement Release Informa PLC
Q3 2017 Trading Statement Release AstraZeneca PLC
Q3 2017 Earnings Release J Sainsbury (OTC: JSAIY ) PLC
Half Year 2017/18 Earnings Release Burberry Group (LON: BRBY ) PLC
Interim 2018 Earnings Release Inmarsat PLC
Q3 2017 Earnings Release Arrow Global
Q3 2017 Earnings Release 3i (LON: III ) Infrastructure
Half Year results
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.