Oct 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 8 points lower at 7,253 on Thurday, according to financial bookmakers.
* METRO BANK: Britain's troubled Metro Bank MTRO.L reported a loss for the third quarter, said its chairman Vernon Hill has stepped down two months early, and warned it may have to curb its growth plans as it battles to recover from an accounting scandal. RECKITT BENCKISER: New York and five other states have reached a $700 million settlement deal with Reckitt Benckiser RB.L over allegations that the drug distributor improperly marketed a drug to treat opioid addiction, New York Attorney General Letitia James said on Wednesday. GLAXOSMITHKLINE/ASTRAZENECA: GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L said U.S. regulators had approved its ovarian cancer treatment Zejula for wider use in some advanced cancers, in a boost to the British drugmaker's oncology portfolio as it competes with rival AstraZeneca AZN.L . GOLD: Gold held ground above $1,490 per ounce on Thursday as investors awaited clarity on Brexit after the European Union delayed a decision on granting an extension to Britain, and the U.S. central bank policy meeting for clues on the interest rate trajectory. OIL: Oil prices dipped on Thursday after sharp gains in the previous session following a surprise draw in U.S. crude inventories, with concerns over a weak demand outlook adding to downward pressure. EX-DIVS: Ferguson FERG.L , ITV ITV.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 1.4 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip index closed 0.7% higher on Wednesday as oil majors tracked gains in crude prices and miners .FTNMX1770 benefited from a rise in nickel and copper prices. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q3 trading update RDI Reit Plc
FY earnings release Polymetal International Plc
POLYP.L Q3 production results AstraZeneca Plc
Q3 earnings release Kaz Minerals Plc
Q3 production report RPS Group Plc
Q3 trading statement Kaz Minerals Plc
Interim management statement Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc
Interim management statement Relx Plc
Q3 trading statement
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.