Oct 24 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 11 points lower at 7,513.3 on Tuesday, according to Financial spreadbetters.
* RBS: Britain's financial watchdog is considering further action against Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) RBS.L for its treatment of struggling companies during and after the financial crisis. BARCLAYS: Hedge fund Red Kite has filed a lawsuit against Barclays Plc BARC.L , alleging the bank manipulated the copper market to its advantage, causing the hedge fund to lose $850 million. LLOYS: Lloyds Banking Group LLOY.L opened a 500 million pound ($658 million) fund to help British businesses finance equipment on Tuesday, targeting small and medium-sized companies which banks froze out of credit following the financial crisis. RIO TINTO: A U.S. law firm has filed a class action suit against mining giant Rio Tinto RIO.AX , RIO.L , which is facing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) fraud charges stemming from an ill-fated investment in Mozambique coal mining. Copper: Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange CMCU3 was steady at $7,098.50 a tonne by 0245 GMT, maintaining gains from the previous session. Declines among British banks and Mediclinic MDCM.L shares kept gains in check on the UK's main share index .FTSE on Monday, though engineering group GKN GKN.L was a bright spot. The FTSE 100 closed flat at 7,524.45 points, while the FTSE 250 .FTMC index of mid-range stocks, which hit a record high last week, retreated 0.1 percent. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Half Year 2017 Whitbread PLC
Earnings Release Bunzl PLC
Q3 2017 Bunzl PLC Trading
Statement Release Anglo American PLC
Q3 2017 Anglo American PLC
Production Report Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Half Year 2017 Bloomsbury
Publishing PLC Earnings
Release St. James's Place PLC
Q3 2017 St. James's Place PLC
New Business Announcement International Personal
Q3 2017 International Personal Finance PLC
Finance PLC Trading Statement
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.